Daily Archives: August 8, 2013
11 Things You Only Get To Experience When You Are Single
I found this article on WordPress.com Most of my friends are married and yeah, sometimes I feel left out. BUT, on the flip side, there are things us “single” people have that the married people don’t.
I’m not saying single is better than married or vice versa. It’s just nice to be reminded that there are really cool things about being single. Like, say for example, taking a sudden trip to France! My daughter and I did that a couple months ago. Or how about, changing cell phone providers without having to check with anyone. Wait, one more…knowing that I can do life without a partner and still be totally happy and love every day of my life, pretty cool, right?
I’m not saying that I would like to be single forever, but my life experiences over the past 10 years wouldn’t be the same had I been married or had a partner. Some things in life you can only learn by being single.
For all my single readers, this is for you! I hope this article speaks to you. This article is written from a woman’s perspective, but it applies to men just as well.
2. Jumping on your living room couch after getting *that* text.
3. Automatically having the most exciting stories/life of most of your friends.
4. Spending two hours primping before a date (what I consider to be one of the greatest activities of life).
5. Imaging the future as something new you’ve never thought about before, before you get to know all the annoying faults and character flaws of the person you’re dating.
6. Getting to experience all 32 flavors of men. It’s probably awesome to settle down forever with someone, but hopefully you get to indulge your Hot Dad or Guy From Europe fantasy first.
7. Fast-track self discovery. Nothing helps you learn about yourself more than conflict and difficult experiences. Break ups, make ups, having to figure out life all on your own- these are all more conflict + self-discovery producing than being able to sink into your relationship when life gets tough.
8. The satisfaction, when you finally settle down, that you are doing it because you took your time and met the right person.
9. Knowing that your whole life could be dramatically different a month from now.
10. Learning things you’d probably never learn if you had someone around that would just do it for you. Ex: I know how to use a drill and fix a small amount of things on my car.
11. Doing whatever the hell you feel like, all of the time, and not answering to anyone about it.
Life is good, be happy
This post originally appeared on PhiLOLZophy.
By Johanna de Silentio August 6, 2013