1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon mint extract
Green food coloring
2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (optional
1. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half.
2. Add cocoa powder to one dough portion; stir until combined. Add mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring to the remaining dough portion; stir until combined. Divide each portion in half (two chocolate dough portions and two mint dough portions).
3. Shape each dough portion into a 9-inch rope. Loosely twist one chocolate dough rope and one mint dough rope together. Gently roll together to shape into a 9-inch roll; repeat (you will have two 9-inch rolls). Wrap each roll in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to slice.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. If desired, in a small heavy saucepan heat and stir dark chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set.
2 cups canned diced tomatoes
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 small bay leaves
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or replace with 1pk firm tofu)
8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
1 cup grated cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until fully cooked, with no pink color remaining. Drain the fat from the meat, and then add the ground beef to the stockpot. Simmer for 20 more minutes. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with sauce. Add a layer of pasta and then a little less than 1/2 of each cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese, return it to the oven, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 more minutes. Cut into squares before serving.
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.