Chipotle Black Bean Burgers:
What it took for 4 burgers:
* 1 (14.5 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 Tbs. minced white onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup smoked chopped almonds
* 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
* 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
* 4 Tbs. jarred chipotle spread, divided
* 1 egg
* 4 sliced pepper jack cheese
* 4 onion buns, split and lightly toasted
* mixed greens
* sliced avocado
* coarse salt, to taste
* lime wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large bowl, add the beans and lightly mash with a fork. Add the onions, garlic, almonds, corn, cilantro, 2 Tbs. chipotle spread, egg and a small pinch of coarse salt. Mix to combine.
Using your hands, equally form the mixture into 4 patties. Arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Carefully flip, add the cheese and bake for 8 to 10 more.
Spread the remaining chipotle spread on the bottom of each toasted bun and serve with greens, avocado slices and fresh lime wedges!