Only 7 ingredients!
4 cups water
Loose tea- 2 tablespoons
3 cups milk (I use 1%, but you can use any milk, even soy or almond)
Whole cloves-6 to 8 whole cloves
Anise seed-1 tablespoon
Whole cardamom-5 to 6 seed pods
White sugar, depending on how sweet you want it. I tend to use about 1/4 cup
Here are some pictures. Instructions are posted at the bottom of the page 🙂
1. Using a 2 quart saucepan, heat 4 cups of water on the stove (high heat), toss in loose tea.
2. Meanwhile; crush the seeds and cloves in a stone bowl or smash with a rolling pin on a cutting board, toss into the water. Turn down heat to medium.
3. Slowly pour in 3 cups of milk, stirring.
4. Next Put in white sugar. The amount is up to you. I generally use about 1/4-1/2 cup, depending on my mood. Start out with just a little. See how you like it and add from there. Turn up heat just long enough to warm tea back up.
5. Turn off and immediately pour through a sieve directly into a carafe.
This is my original recipe. To make this tea even happier, I enjoy adding 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, just toss it in. I have used fresh orange rhine as well. Play with the recipe, and have fun!