My two cats will often be found cuddling and/or grooming each other! Watch quick video!
I found this amazing recipe on “beesadventures” blog! Easy to make, fun to eat!!
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread with Caramel Glaze
Yield: 1 bundt pan
Prep Time: 60 minutes | Bake Time: 20 – 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup Lactaid milk (soy milk would work fine too)
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine or lactose-free butter (Becel or Fleischmann’s are my favorites)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup warm water (between 100 to 105 degrees Farenheit)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (if you want to make brown sugar yourself, see the recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon ground Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or lactose-free butter, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lactose-free whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine or lactose-free butter, softened
Monkey Bread Preparation
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it is warm to the touch, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Leave to cool.
- Heat water to 100 – 105 degrees Farenheit. Add yeast; stir. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate yeast. Mixture will look foamy on top when yeast has activated.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, sugar and salt; mix well.
- Add egg to cooled milk mixture and mix well.
- Add activated yeast and milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until dough comes together in a sticky ball.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, kneading well after each addition until dough is soft and smooth but still a bit sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pumpkin spice and softened margarine.
- Tear small, pieces of dough and roll into balls. Toss each into the sugar mixture until coated, then place in a greased baking pan.
- Cover baking dish and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. If you’d like to cook these at a later time, refrigerate or freeze covered and let pan sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Don’t be concerned if rolls do not rise too much.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit when ready to bake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out on a serving dish.
- Serve warm, drizzled with glaze. Glaze recipe follows below.
(Adapted from 90-Minute Cinnamon Rolls at Chinese Grandma)
Caramel Glaze Preparation
- Pour the water into a saucepan then pour the sugar in a pile in the middle of the water. Turn the heat to medium-high heat and begin cooking without stirring. The sugar will dissolve in the water and begin to boil.
- When the sugar begins to lightly brown, gently swirl the pan until all of the sugar is a deep golden brown.
- Carefully pour in the cream and add the butter. Whisk until smooth.
(Adapted from Chef Michael Smith’s Caramel Sauce at Food Network)
PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTS!
Hand made cake pop in the first picture. Made by one of the parents at my school. She makes the most amazing cake pops, just for fun 🙂
The floral creation in the middle was made by another parent, and friend. She said it’s a Martha Stuart recipe, amazing! (apple pie)
The cupcakes were made by a local bakery.
Have a beautiful and lovely day!