Have a spookatular day!
I found this amazing recipe on “beesadventures” blog! Easy to make, fun to eat!!
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread with Caramel Glaze
Yield: 1 bundt pan
Prep Time: 60 minutes | Bake Time: 20 – 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup Lactaid milk (soy milk would work fine too)
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine or lactose-free butter (Becel or Fleischmann’s are my favorites)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup warm water (between 100 to 105 degrees Farenheit)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (if you want to make brown sugar yourself, see the recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon ground Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or lactose-free butter, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lactose-free whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine or lactose-free butter, softened
Monkey Bread Preparation
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it is warm to the touch, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Leave to cool.
- Heat water to 100 – 105 degrees Farenheit. Add yeast; stir. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate yeast. Mixture will look foamy on top when yeast has activated.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, sugar and salt; mix well.
- Add egg to cooled milk mixture and mix well.
- Add activated yeast and milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until dough comes together in a sticky ball.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, kneading well after each addition until dough is soft and smooth but still a bit sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pumpkin spice and softened margarine.
- Tear small, pieces of dough and roll into balls. Toss each into the sugar mixture until coated, then place in a greased baking pan.
- Cover baking dish and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. If you’d like to cook these at a later time, refrigerate or freeze covered and let pan sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Don’t be concerned if rolls do not rise too much.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit when ready to bake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out on a serving dish.
- Serve warm, drizzled with glaze. Glaze recipe follows below.
(Adapted from 90-Minute Cinnamon Rolls at Chinese Grandma)
Caramel Glaze Preparation
- Pour the water into a saucepan then pour the sugar in a pile in the middle of the water. Turn the heat to medium-high heat and begin cooking without stirring. The sugar will dissolve in the water and begin to boil.
- When the sugar begins to lightly brown, gently swirl the pan until all of the sugar is a deep golden brown.
- Carefully pour in the cream and add the butter. Whisk until smooth.
(Adapted from Chef Michael Smith’s Caramel Sauce at Food Network)
PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTS!